The warmer Georgia weather means I’m spending a lot less time in a hot kitchen. I love finding recipes that are light and fresh and take very little to prepare. Read on for how to make this quick and easy Chicken Noodle Bowl with Peanut Ginger Sauce.
Thai inspired dishes are one of my favorite treats to order out. Recently I’ve been playing around with a few different recipes for Thai noodle bowls at home. This one is definitely the easiest yet. It uses plenty of fresh veggies and the peanut sauce is amazing. Plus, if you want to save even more time, try using a store-bought rotisserie chicken. Or, keep it completely vegan and skip the chicken altogether!
Chicken Noodle Bowl w/ Peanut Ginger Sauce
Peanut Ginger Sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 4 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Chicken Noodle Bowl
- 8 cups water or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 ounces rice noodles (find it on the international aisle!)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (we grilled ours with only salt and pepper)
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups halved and thinly sliced seedless cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 6 tablespoons chopped lightly salted dry-roasted peanuts
Whip up the Sauce: Process all 9 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. It’s so good!
Make the Noodles: Microwave water or chicken stock in a large bowl for about 10 minutes. Stir vinegar and salt into boiling water. Add noodles and let stand until they are soft. It took me about 5 minutes. Drain noodles.
Put Together the Chicken Noodle Bowl: Divide noodles, chicken, red cabbage, cucumber, carrots, and bell pepper among bowls. Top each bowl with 1 tablespoon peanuts and 2 tablespoons Peanut-Ginger Sauce. Serve remaining sauce on the side with a lime wedge.
This dish takes very little time and effort to whip up and is perfect for a fast dinner any night during the week. Give the recipe a shot and leave me a comment below to let me know how your family liked it!